There are 4 Common Problems for landlords when dealing with Housing Benefit tenants:
- Landlords don't know how much rent the tenant will get.
- Landlords don't know when they will get paid.
- Landlords don't know whether the tenants are good payers or not.
- Benefits are paid in arrears.
Until Now! Knowledge puts the landlord in control! Let us reference your tenant for you with the benefits office, leaving you with free time, and the knowledge that you have the answers to the 4 problems above. We also collect all the other information from your tenant such as ID, bank statements etc.
I am a landlord, what happens next?
- Let you know the level of rent your tenants are entitled to.
- Let you know when you can expect to be paid.
- Let you know if they have any arrears outstanding.
- Get your rent paid in advance!
- Show you how you can collect 25% more rent!
- If your prospective tenant has to give a months notice, we can show you how you can move them in within a week (saving lost rent)!
- Generate the tenancy agreement if you wish.
- Show you an alternative to the hassle of taking deposits!
How much does it cost?
- You find a Housing Benefit tenant you are comfortable with (we can show you how to do this).
- You send us the tenant's contact details via e-mail at email@example.com
- Thats it! We will liase with the tenants and report back our findings to you.
Details Required by us
- £75 Payable by the landlord by BACS or Cheque - but, as the landlord you should be charging an admin fee to the tenant of at least £75. So this service can be free to the landlord!
- Your prospective tenant's name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if known), so we can contact them direct.
- Your payment of £75 by BACS or cheque.
Terms and conditions - You would normally only pay once per tenant find! If we find that the info on your tenant is unacceptable, we will allow you to send us up to 3 applications at any one time. If the tenant checks out with our system, but you choose not to offer them your property, our fee is still payable.
Please note - this is not a fully managed service or tenant find. The final decision to offer the tenant your property lies with the landlord. We will not be meeting face to face with the tenant - as ever, you as the landlord will need to be comfortable when dealing with this tenant, because the on-going relationship with your tenant is very important to a succesfull tenancy.